Terrence “Terry” Grover
Friendswood, TX Willing to travel up to 75%
INDUSTRIAL SALES & MARKETING PROFESSIONAL
Value Proposition: Talented sales and marketing professional with extensive experience & contacts in petrochemical, refining, and power generation facilities and service/supply companies.
Proven ability to maximize profits while delivering excellent customer service. Hands-on leader who can solve complex problems with practical solutions.
• Proven leader
• Revenue and profit growth
PetroPages.com, Houston, TX March 2014 – Present
Merged industrial clients from IMR with PetroPages to help sales of expanded marketing services to the petrochemical, refining and energy industries. Services include graphic design, website development, SEO, social media, and 3D animation.
Industrial Marketing Resources, Houston, TX May 2012 - Present
IMR is a full service marketing and media representative company offering outsourced sales and marketing services for small to medium sized companies in the energy sector. We offer full marketing consultation in regards to sales, contact development, advertising placement, graphic design, website development & hosting, trade show scheduling & logistics, video production, collateral materials, and promotional items.
- Marketing consultant for several industrial service/supply companies
- Acting Vice President of Business Development – Bay Group Media, Seabrook, TX
Sold print advertising in 3 publications – Bay Area Houston, Gulf Coast Mariner, and Best Practices.
- Acting Vice President of Business Development – Houston Medical Journal
Sold print advertising for The Houston Medical Journal
BIC Alliance, Houston, TX April 2003 – May 2012
National Sales Manager
Parent company for Business & Industry Connection (BIC) industrial news magazine, BIC Recruiting executive search firm, and IVS Investment Banking full service merger & acquisition firm.
Print and online advertising sales, recruiting, and merger & acquisition facilitation.
- Managed sales team of 5 outside sales and 2 inside sales using Outlook as CRM.
- First manager to exceed $1MM in personal sales and $3MM in team revenue.
- Increased sales by 20% year to year in a down economy.
- Top sales for recruiting services.
- Instrumental in taking BIC Alliance from $1.6MM to over $5.5MM in 9 years.
- Developed thousands of contacts in the energy sector.
- International business travel to accounts in Canada, Mexico, Holland and Germany.
PetroPages.com, Houston, TX February 2001 – April 2003
Online buyers guide to petrochemical, refining and power generation industries.
- Became familiar with industrial operations in a very short time.
- Became proficient in working trade shows.
- Increased sales by 50% year to year
Landry’s Seafood Restaurants, TX, CO, FL, NC, SC March 1990 – October 2001
Task Force Manager
National seafood restaurant company operating numerous independent chains.
- Opened new restaurants and managed existing ones.
- Hired and trained staff to promote team efforts in customer service and product production.
- Acted as human resource liaison between unit and corporate levels
- Maintained adherence to corporate guidelines.
- Responsible for P&L, budgets, cost controls, and payroll.
The University of Texas, Austin, TX
B.A., Psychology, 2000
- Team lead for research studies.
- Worked closely with Dr. Daniel T. Gilbert of The University of Texas and Harvard University on cognitive and behavioral research projects describing fundamental attribution error and correspondence bias.
- Gilbert, D. T., & Hixon, J. G. (1991). The trouble of thinking: Activation and application of stereotypic beliefs. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 60, 509-517.
- Gilbert, D. T., Pelham, B. W., & Krull, D. S. (1988). On cognitive busyness: When person perceivers meet persons perceived. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 54, 733-740.
- Additional concentrations include education, anthropology, art history, and Spanish.
English – Native
Spanish – Moderate
CERTIFICATIONS & AFFILIATIONS
Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC)
Coating Society of the Houston Area – Board of Directors, Webmaster
United States Coast Guard Auxiliary – Flotilla Staff Officer, Personnel Services (HR)
USCG Certified Captain of Vessels up to 50 Gross Registered Tons
Associated Builders and Contractors of Houston – Member, Industrial Committee
Who’s Who in Industry – Houston Business Journal 2011