Terrence “Terry” Grover
Friendswood, TX Willing to travel up to 75%
INDUSTRIAL SALES & MARKETING PROFESSIONAL
Value Proposition: Talented sales and marketing professional with extensive experience & contacts in petrochemical, refining and power generation facilities and service/supply companies.
Proven ability to maximize profits while delivering excellent customer service. Hands-on leader who can solve complex problems with practical solutions.
• Identifies and qualifies potential clients
• Cold calls by phone, internet and face to face
• Over 25 trade shows per year
• International sales
• Strategic planning and market analysis
• Experienced in MS Office Suite
• Revenue and profit growth
• Energizes leadership team and workforce
• Coaches and develops support staff
• Excels in multiple business divisions
• Effective communicator at all levels
• High client retention
Industrial Marketing Resources 2012-Present
IMR is a full service marketing and media representative company offering advertising placement, graphic design, website development & hosting, video production, collateral materials and promotional items.
Acting Vice President of Business Development – Bay Group Media, Seabrook, TX
The Bay Group provides companies with all of the tools they need to succeed. We can help with your advertising needs through our magazines, websites, and multi-media. We utilize our highly trained film making professionals to create web commercials and documentaries. We also offer a wide variety of marketing and public relations services including logo and graphic design, print materials, branding, effective press releases and special event planning
BIC Alliance, Houston, TX 2003 – 2012
Sr. Account Manager
Parent company for Business & Industry Connection (BIC) industrial news magazine, BIC Recruiting executive search firm, and IVS Investment Banking full service merger & acquisition firm.
Print and online advertising sales, recruiting, and merger & acquisition facilitation.
- First employee to exceed $1,000,000 in advertising sales revenue in a year.
- Increased sales by at least 20% year to year in a down economy.
- Top sales for recruiting services.
- Instrumental in taking BIC Alliance from $1.6MM to over $5.5MM in 9 years.
- Developed thousands of contacts in the energy sector.
- International business travel to Canada, Mexico, Holland and Germany.
PetroPages.com, Houston, TX 2001 – 2003
Online buyers guide to petrochemical, refining and power generation industries
- Became familiar with industrial operations in a very short time.
- Became proficient in working trade shows.
- Increased sales by 50% year to year.
Landry’s Seafood Restaurants, TX, CO, FL, NC, SC 1990 – 2001
National seafood restaurant company operating numerous independent chains.
- Opened new restaurants and managed existing ones.
- Hired and trained staff to promote team efforts in customer service and product production.
- Acted as human resource liaison between unit and corporate levels
- Maintained adherence to corporate guidelines.
- Responsible for P&L, budgets, cost controls, and payroll.
The University of Texas, Austin, TX
B.A., Psychology, 2000
- Worked closely with Dr. Daniel T. Gilbert of The University of Texas and Harvard University on cognitive and behavioral research projects describing fundamental attribution error and correspondence bias.
- Gilbert, D. T., & Hixon, J. G. (1991). The trouble of thinking: Activation and application of stereotypic beliefs. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 60, 509-517.
- Gilbert, D. T., Pelham, B. W., & Krull, D. S. (1988). On cognitive busyness: When person perceivers meet persons perceived. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 54, 733-740.
- Additional concentrations include education, anthropology, art history, and Spanish.
English – Native
Spanish – Moderate
CERTIFICATIONS & AFFILIATIONS
Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC)
Coating Society of the Houston Area – Board of Directors, Webmaster
United States Coast Guard Auxiliary – Flotilla Staff Officer, Personnel Services (HR)
Associated Builders and Contractors of Houston – Member, Industrial Committee Member
Who’s Who in Industry – Houston Business Journal 2011